Saturday, December 31, 2011

China Day Ten - morning sightseeing in Shenyang

We had a nice opportunity to visit some of the sights in Shenyang today - a very large statue of Mao Zedong and the surrounding square, followed by an amazing palace that had belonged to one of the key figures in northeastern China's history.

I will tell you in advance that you will not be learning much of anything about the history of China from this post.  It was more of an "Oh wow, look at that!" kind of day for me and my main focus was to take a bunch of pretty pictures and also somehow manage to keep my fingers from falling off due to the extreme cold.

So here are some of the pictures I took:

This is either Zhang Xueliang or his son.  They were both owners of the palace we visited.





playing hackysack in the square




 



The Palace!




Here's some info for you.
 
the daughters



I like the tile on this stairwell.





Huge doors!
 
This dude drove up rather suddenly and glared at us intimidatingly.






wall decoration

a very fancy ceiling

a wall plaque





Shenyang, Old and New

No comments: